If you have been waiting for a Stable Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1, Slim7 is here for you. Slim7 is now available for the HTC One M9 device. This custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, offering an improved battery life and a lot of stable performance, if you want to have it on your device HTC One M9? Then here is how to flash Slim7 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM.
Prerequisites to Flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat Slim7 on HTC One M9
- Backup your phone data before flashing the ROM, as a complete wipe will be performed which will erase the whole data.
- Install the required USB drivers for your HTC device from here.
- Enable USB debugging option in developer option. Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Make sure your HTC One M9’s boot loader is unlocked and had installed a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Charge your device to at least 80%.
Step by Step Method to Update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1.1 Slim7
Step 1: Connect HTC One M9 to your computer/PC using USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
Step 2: Copy and paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step-3: Now, disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
Step-4: Boot your device in the Bootloader/Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down +a Power keys.
Step 5: Once you’re in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Window.
Step-6: Type the following command:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and hit Enter.
- Fastboot reboot – hit Enter again.
Step 7: Follow all the instructions on the screen and select Bootloader -> go to Recovery.
Step 8: Now in recovery, perform wipe data task from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
Step-9: Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe Dalvik cache (from Advanced).
Step 10: From the recovery menu, select Install zip from sd card followed by choosing zip from sd card. Find Slim7 Android 7.1.1 custom ROM file and confirm the flashing process.
Step-11: Now, Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step, but select GApps package this time.
Step 12: Return to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M9 into the new custom ROM.
Remark: First boot takes good 5-7 minutes, so please be patient while your device is performing the first boot.